Monday, November 19, 2012

Youth Service in Azle



The Azle Youth Service

            The youth service last Thursday night in Azle was an awesome one. We had a great turnout, and I know for a fact that we had a very successful night in terms of running the service. The singers- Chasity, Alaina, Natalie, Elizabeth, and Nathaniel did an awesome job! The music- Jonathan on the drums, Alaina, Elizabeth, and Nathaniel on the piano sounded amazing the ENTIRE night! Dillion, Jonathan and myself (Bradley) did a great job speaking in front of the full crowd!      

 

            You could really feel the presence of God in that service. I know for a fact that God was in every part of that service, giving us strength and urging us to do our best and worship Him with all of our hearts. That service wasn’t just a “Let’s let the youth run it just so they can” service. I believe that that opportunity was from God for all of us to get experience doing things that we will be doing later on in life in ministry. I am EXTREMELY thankful that God put this in Bro. Crawford’s heart to let us do this. Don’t take it lightly that we got to run the service. Think of it as God allowing you to “practice” or get experience working in ministry. As Bro. Crawford said “We all have to start somewhere”: he was exactly right. You can’t just jump into doing big things in ministry. That service was a chance for all of us to get to work in ministry, and we should all be grateful that we got the chance to do so- no matter how little you think your part was. I believe that that service was a building block in God’s will for all of our lives- meaning that He is taking us to higher and higher places not only in life, but in ministry also. That was the will of God for us to run the service that Thursday night; it couldn’t have gone that well without it being His will.

 

            I am really glad that most of our youth could make it! Not only were we getting practice in ministry, but we were helping build up another youth group. The fact that it was their FIRST youth service and it went THAT WELL- that’s a blessing in itself. I believe that God has big things in store for Azle; not just for the adults, but the youth and children also. We were doing the work of God that night! Most of the kid’s there at the service had only been there a couple times, or it was their first time there! It makes you feel pretty good that you not only got to perform the will of God in your life, but you got to reach lost souls while doing it! I loved the fact that we got to talk to the kids after the service to get to know them; it not only reminds me of blessed I am to be there but it shows me how effectively we can reach people at such a young age. If you didn’t do anything, please jump in and help any way that you feel like you need to! Seek the will of God and then do it!

 

            Don’t slow down your pace in doing the work of God. Remember to pray for God’s will to be done no matter what. Again, don’t forsake God or put Him second to other things. Sure, you might want to work for God and do His will, but as long as you are chasing things of the world for the wrong reasons (a certain car to look cool) you are going to slow yourself down. It’s like every time you put God second or forget your real purpose in life, you put a ball and chain around your ankle while trying to run a marathon for God. First of all, your not only hurting yourself, but your forsaking God and it’s like your telling God “Your not important as this”. Back to the ball and chain- while your trying to run and make it look like you “have it all together” you end up embarrassing yourself and showing people that you don’t want to- or can’t, depending on what else you love in life- do the work of God and succeed. Just imagine someone with only one ball and chain on them and trying to run- or even walk. It looks like one leg works, and the other is a stick. Chasing after things and putting God second in life is a HUGE handicap! Are you really going to forfeit God’s calling, will, and blessings on your life just so you can have a bunch of things that don’t last? If you chase things that are empty and don’t matter, THAT’S WHAT YOUR LIFE WILL BECOME. I’ve seen it happen! Live a life that is devoted to God and that people will remember when you leave this earth!

 

            Just a side note- don’t think that you are too young to do ANYTHING that God has set upon your heart to do. I think youth as a whole struggle with this question: “Am I old enough to do this?” Its like we’ve been always restricted before from things in life since we were young kids like riding a bike, staying home alone, getting a job, and driving, just by our age. When it comes to the Kingdom of God, age doesn’t matter at all! Look, here’s some proof!

 

            Jeremiah 1:4-8

4 Now the word of the Lord came to me, saying,

5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
and before you were born I consecrated you;
I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”

6 Then I said, “Ah, Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth.” 7 But the Lord said to me,

“Do not say, ‘I am only a youth’;
for to all to whom I send you, you shall go,
and whatever I command you, you shall speak.
8 Do not be afraid of them,
for I am with you to deliver you,
declares the Lord.”

When your in the will of God, YOU CAN’T LOSE NO MATTER WHAT! Look at David! Was he used of God? When? When he was 40 years old? No! He was in his youth! He slayed a GIANT IN HIS YOUTH! It was because his life was devoted and revolved around ONE thing: GOD AND GOD ALONE! God already has your life planned out. All you have to do is to seek His will and DO IT.

Jeremiah 29: 10-14

10 “For thus says the Lord: When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will visit you, and I will fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place. 11For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare[b] and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. 13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.

Just ask God for His will to be done, for He knows what happened, what’s happening, and what’s going to happen! When God is the center of your life, His will blooms like a flower and He shows you how your life will unfold and grow. Don’t put things before God. That’s the enemy trying to poison your life and make it not only worthless, but grow farther and farther away from God and His will, which will lead only to destruction

The service in Azle was amazing! I think Bro. and Sis. Crawford want to have another youth service soon, so be ready and get comfortable doing the will of God!

By Bradley Reid

No comments:

Post a Comment