Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Food for thought


Whxn you arx txmptxd to takx a Sunday off, and you think that thx absxncx of onx pxrson won't makx too much diffxrxncx at church, you placx your ministxr in thx samx position as a pxrson trying to typx with onx kxy missing. Hx can makx substitutions, just as wx havx donx, but thx rxsult is nxvxr thx samx as whxn hx's with all thx mxmbxrs of thx congrxgation.



One day I rang a doorbell,
In a casual sort of way.
'Twas not a formal visit,
And there wasn't much to say.
I don't remember what I said.
It matters not, I guess.
I found a heart in hunger,
A soul in deep distress...

It meant so little to me
To knock at a stranger's door,
But it meant heaven to him
And God's peace forever more.
-Author Unknown

-Maci Ballard

No comments:

Post a Comment